Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Dinner Foul

Tonight I was planning to make an old standby recipe of chicken, broccoli, mushrooms, and cheese tortellini in cream sauce.  I was also planning to post it on the blog.  But fate had other plans for me, and I made it home without the package of boneless, skinless chicken breast and mushrooms*.  So, instead of a steaming bowl of comfort food for dinner, K and I sat together at the kitchen counter and ate peppermint ice cream straight out of the carton.  We ate, laughed, fought over the good bits of candies, and shared a sweet moment.  As fate would have it, I had way more fun tonight over dinner than if I had cooked.

As Thanksgiving falls upon us, I for one, need to be more thankful for the sweet blessings I have in my life.  Remembering to savor the little things by slowing down and enjoying the moment. 

Also,I am thankful for that limited edition peppermint ice cream.  You are too delicious not to be offered all year round!!


* I consider myself lucky that I have never had items go missing from the grocery store but learned tonight that if the cashier doesn't get your items into the bag, all you have to do is call the store and the next time you go in you get a credit for those items.  Pretty easy and good customer service Fred Meyers!

No comments:

Post a Comment