Thursday, December 22, 2011

It's a Wrap.

Monogram Wrapping


'l' for Lucas
Stamped craft paper, fabric ribbon, cardboard die cut letter, & Christmas Seal






For my Lukey Dukey <3
Craft paper, Bright green bows and ribbon, green die cut letters, Christmas seal





'A' for Amelia
Christmas Polka Dot paper, Ribbons, Bows, Die cut letter






'MiMi' as Amelia calls herself
Craft paper, Christmas Tape (it reads: Have yourself a very Merry Christmas), Bow, bright green die cut letters



Easy wrapping ideas from other sites:






















I had to buckle down and get some wrapping done tonight.  In preparation, I lit some candles, made some hot tea, and neatly laid out all of my supplies.  When all was said and done, I wrapped for almost 2 hours.  The good part is that I am done with my sister, brother-in-law, niece, nephew, aunts, mother, father, and grandmothers.  The bad part, I still have a ways to go.  I still need to wrap K's family, my girlfriends,  co-workers, and K's gifts to finish up. 

 I started tonight's wrapping with a thunder, I was super into it!  On all the gifts, the edges were all perfect, every detail got taped down, ribbons were set, etc.  After about one hour, I really started to lose steam.  This was the part where you are just slapping labels on, using huge pieces of tape, cutting really rough pieces of paper, losing the pen 15 times, and your back is aching from sitting on the floor slumped over gift after gift...I KNOW you know what I am talking about.  Why does it always end up like this!?  I guess the remedy would be to start super early and just wrap one or two presents at a time.  Or to have an entire room dedicated to gift wrapping like Candi Spelling and go at it all year round. 

I ended up putting half of my family's presents in gift bags, which luckily I have a lot on hand, and I don't feel one bit bad about it!  I know that gift bags aren't nearly as fun as tearing into paper to reveal your present, but they can still be really cute and don't hurt your back as much!  I am also going to use the excuse that all of their presents were odd shapes, which also calls for a gift bag ;)




Here are my tips for Christmas wrapping & preparation:

* Find die cut letters at craft stores and places like TJ Maxx & Tuesday Morning to use on packages instead of labels. You can put initials or spell out the name

* Buy craft paper and decorate it to fit any present - you can use stamps, ribbons, stickers, etc.  It is like a blank gift canvas.  I got mine at the dollar store.

* Purchase ornate, glittery, vintage looking stickers to put on packages

* Try to buy all your paper, ribbons, bows, etc in the same color families so that you can mix and match your supplies - wrap gifts in a theme

* Go to after Christmas sales (read: Target) and pick up wrapping and gift bags at 75% off.  Store them for next year - you will be SO glad you did.  This is why I have so many gift bags

* Look for decorative tapes and ribbons at Michael's.  Also, don't be afraid to use fabric ribbon on your gifts.  Just tape it down like regular ribbon - totally cute.

* Buy small ornaments to use as decoration to hang on gifts (hopefully when my back stops hurting and I wrap more gifts I can show you how I do this :)


Good luck with your wrapping this year!!




And here is a visual journey of what NOT to do...













No comments:

Post a Comment