Monday, December 12, 2011

Quick and Easy Pre-Holiday Dinner

Even though I don't view myself as someone who has a totally packed holiday schedule, or who has a million and one things to do, I still find myself feeling like the days are rushing by me this month.  Time is just passing me by and I feel like I can't get anything accomplished.  I have noticed lately that K has been aimlessly wandering around the kitchen a lot more, and grumblings of "I'm hungry" can be heard.  I can chalk this up to the fact that I am cooking far less and spending more time shopping at the mall than at the grocery store.  He is totally fine to fend for himself but it makes me feel good to cook him a warm, homemade meal. 

So tonight I whipped up this quick dinner in approximately 35 minutes with about 5 minutes of prep time.  I bought 2 boneless pork chops, put them into foil packets (just take aluminum foil and make little pouches) with a small pat of butter, some Worcestershire, and covered the chops in Nature's Seasoning.   Put the packets on a pan and put into the oven on 375 degrees for 35 mins.  Then I chopped up 4 medium/large red potatoes and about 1/4 lb Brussel sprouts.  Coated them in olive oil and then sprinkled a packet of Onion Soup over them.  Then I put them on a pan and into the oven with the chops for the remaining 25 mins.  I can thank my friend Jillian for the onion soup idea.  This is the first time I have used onion soup for roasting vegetables but it turned out great!  Simple, easy, and deliciouso!





Pre-roasted sprouts and potatoes, coated in onion soup mix.







We enjoyed some hard apple cider with dinner.  I love these little glasses from Sur la Table.  Ottimista and Pessimista - the optimist and the pessimist.









Simple Dinner. 
My camera just doesn't take good photos of food.  The meat always looks pale and gross.  Sorry.  The food tasted WAY better than it looks in this photo.





Dessert - Peppermint ice cream with mint Oreos crushed on top.  A little at home Cold Stone going on!


No comments:

Post a Comment