Tuesday, December 13, 2011

SCOODIE!













This is what a big sister does for you when she loves you.  She knits you a scoodie.  What is a scoodie you ask?  It is a large hood with a scarf attached, and in this case an infinity scarf.  You wear it with jackets or sweaters that don't have a hood of their own.  Isn't it amazing!?  This scoodie has been coming to fruition for a while.  My big sis, who has 2 tiny little ones, took the time to knit this for me, which I am sure took a long time, and in this case it is invaluable to me.  This was her first ever scoodie and she found the pattern online. 

I asked that she make the hood extra large, not only to fit my large head, but also my large mound of hair, with room to spare.  The scarf is an infinity and wraps around three times.  It is simply amazing.  I love it.  K said my sister should try to sell them because they are so awesome but big sis said she would have to open a sweatshop because the dang thing took so many man hours she would have to charge hundreds if she did it on her own. :)

So here is my long awaited scoodie.  And...here is a photo of me wearing my scoodie.  My first real photo of me on the blog! One would think that for the first blog post of my actual face that I would have put a little more effort into it.  But that is not how I roll. Instead I opted to model the scoodie with a face of makeup remnants that had been worn off by a crappy day at work, 2 day unwashed hair, and you can't really see it but I am wearing my pajamas.  Purple floral pajama pants and an old vintage tee that reads ' I got crabs at John's Pass festival '87'.  Oh - and I still have my scoodie on as I type.  It looks glorious!   So, I am sorry that I didn't blow you away with a photo oozing glamour and style, but I am going on 4 hours sleep and my excitement to share my scoodie greatly overpowers my desires to look perfect for these pictures.


If you don't have a big sister to make you a scoodie...don't fret.  Here are some scoodies you can buy online.























As you can see there is a scoodie for everyone!  I'm dying just looking at this last one.  Is this guy such a hipster that he really would wear this or such a good sport that he agreed to model it?!


3 comments:

  1. Awesome post! Lovin the scoodie :):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post. I laughed out loud multiple times! The Power Animal Scoodie pic is priceless...I also noticed that most of the pics are sans rain. Maybe scoodies are also great for when you forget your sunglasses? Haha. The one your sister made is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the comments and the support ladies!

    ReplyDelete